Prior to starting any job a tool box meeting will be held to discuss the work phases and review the entire job. This includes identifying any hazards and discussing the safest way to complete the job while keeping safe method and out of harm’s way. Specific tools for the job are selected. Review and sign the work permit. Operator’s manual for any powered equipment is available and will be reviewed for proper use and safety. Check tools and Tackels daily before each use.
General Safety Rules to be applied as follows:
- Effective safety supervision shall be present on the project whenever work is to be performed.
- All workers must wear high visibility clothing, safety shoes and safety glasses at all times
- All PPE shall be used in accordance with applicable ISO standards.
- All employees shall be effectively trained for the tasks, which they are required to perform.
- Any injury is to be reported to the supervisor immediately.
- Maintain proper Safety Standards throughout the project.
- Operators manual must be present for all equipment on job site
- All equipment used such as: ladders, drills, saws, hand tools, extension cords will be inspected daily at a minimum.
|Wiring repairs||Electrocution||Ensure complete lock out tag out isolation before commencing job. Provide sign at isolation point to advise of lock out.|
|Trenching||Back injuries||Warm up prior to starting. Do not lift objects over 16kg per person. Use trolley to move heavy objects. Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.|
|General/Clean up||Cuts / scratches||Wear appropriate personal protective clothing|
|General Labour||Working at height. Electrical hazards||Do not use ladder over 2m high. Use cherry picker or scaffold. Establish perimeter around area that is no-go area. Ensure all tools are appropriately guarded and electrical appliances are protected by means of a residual current device. Ensure all extension leads are in a safe condition with plugs and connections. Ensure there are no electrical cables in the vicinity of area.|
|Clean up||Insect bites / Broken glass / syringes / spiders||Wear appropriate foot and hand protection. Dispose of material in an appropriate manner|
|Using power tools||Noise /Vibration /Dust / Electrical hazards.||Wear appropriate personal protective equipment. Ensure all tools are appropriately guarded and electrical appliances are protected by means of a residual current device. Ensure all extension leads are in a safe condition with plugs and connections.|
|Using hand tools||Cuts / tears sprains etc.||Use tools in a manner that will not cause jamming or seizing. Wear appropriate PPE|