Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
A core challenge faced by Technical Managers is how to prevent, prepare, mitigate, respond and recover from a myriad of hazards. Several questions arise when faced with this challenge:
- What hazards exist in my area?
- How frequently do they occur?
- How severe can their impact be on the community, infrastructure, property, and the environment?
- Which hazards pose the greatest threat to the community?
Sanscriti Electric India Pvt. Ltd. Team Help Technical Managers in answering these questions. It is a systematic risk assessment tool that can be used to assess the risks of various hazards.
There are three reasons why a HIRA is useful to the emergency management profession:
- It helps emergency management professionals prepare for the worst and/or most likely risks.
- Allows for the creation of exercises, training programs, and plans based on the most likely scenarios.
- Saves time and resources by isolating hazards that cannot occur in the designated area.